The construction process:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The sign beside the ride, special thanks to The Museum to doing this up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It surprisingly took only 4 hours to get the entire base put together, roller coaster set up and running. The base was fabricated in 2 nights before the ride was set up. Everything went super well, the roller coaster is working flawlessly. I visited the Museum yesterday and the roller coaster was running even better then it was 2 weeks ago.

The Museum seems to be really enjoying the roller coaster, and they want it displayed until September. I'm hoping everything will continue to work well until then. Now since I have 6 months, I got tons of time to plan my next big thing :)

More pictures and a video will come in the near future. Enjoy!

Check me out

Youtube

#62 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Seems very nice. Don't really know what to say because I'm pretty speechless. One of the most realistic knex coasters I've ever seen.

#63 Micro Mike 21

Micro Mike 21

U know......

• 604 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

That is just one sexy coaster! Words cant even describe this, it just looks exactly like the ride but shrinked, this is by far one of the best recreations I have seen, fantastic work!
Also being in the museum just make it look much better.

#64 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

It looks so realistic! If you're gonna make a final vid for it, do you need any song suggestions?

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#65 ickus305

ickus305

museum

• 891 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Great job on this entire project.
Very good job on doing your homework for the move and making sure to have your details down. 4 hours is a quick move for a 26ft project.

I did like your comment about it working better a day later. There is a neat point with the coasters when you let them run for awhile. For about the first week or so you will see the speed increase as the track and train "break" into each other. The ride design looks like it should be able to go 1-2 months (maybe more) before you should have to lube the axles again.

Again AMAZING JOB!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#66 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm like in love with this coaster! Way to make it so realistic!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#67 venomeater

venomeater

building...

• 139 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

This is awesome! I love the recreation! I remember riding this coaster and when I got off my head was hurting from all the shaking. But anyways well done.

#68 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

wow this is amazing. RECREATION ROCKS SO REALISTIC and such detail is amazing for a ride like this looks exactly like the real thing great and now that it`s in a museum makes it breathtaking to see this wonderful recreation is just incredible nice work

#69 Cardsandcoasters

Cardsandcoasters

Frission Is Here

• 1537 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's....beautiful...Wow that just looks fantastic. The corks are spot on too. Nice job!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Rollerdude!

#70 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

Wow this recreation of Dragon Fire looks great, can we please see a video of it running too, I always wondered why they have a random mcbr after the ride is practically over than a downwards helix, whatever keep it up dude! Are the cars weighted and lubed, does the supports and track shaking when the heavy and long train goes through the layout, and will you be making a final video for it too. Now build leviathan next to it, jk I hate that straight spot after the drop, but I know it's supposed to be there in real life, and like on all the other crappy and rough arrow loopers that are still in existence and running today, too!!!

#71 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

It looks so realistic! If you're gonna make a final vid for it, do you need any song suggestions?

I'm working on a final video, a song suggestion would be great.

Great job on this entire project.
Very good job on doing your homework for the move and making sure to have your details down. 4 hours is a quick move for a 26ft project.

I did like your comment about it working better a day later. There is a neat point with the coasters when you let them run for awhile. For about the first week or so you will see the speed increase as the track and train "break" into each other. The ride design looks like it should be able to go 1-2 months (maybe more) before you should have to lube the axles again.

Again AMAZING JOB!!

You are dead right in everything said about train speed and lubing. I've never had something set up for so long, and 1-2 months is about spot on for re-lube timing. Thanks!

Wow this recreation of Dragon Fire looks great, can we please see a video of it running too, I always wondered why they have a random mcbr after the ride is practically over than a downwards helix, whatever keep it up dude! Are the cars weighted and lubed, does the supports and track shaking when the heavy and long train goes through the layout, and will you be making a final video for it too. Now build leviathan next to it, jk I hate that straight spot after the drop, but I know it's supposed to be there in real life, and like on all the other crappy and rough arrow loopers that are still in existence and running today, too!!!

The cars got weighted a good bit. Therefor the loops shake slightly but the rest of the ride is pretty solid. The long straight spot has really grown on me and I actually like it a good bit now.

It's been a while since I've update this, but I wanted to give a brief update. On Saturday the roller coaster was moved upstairs to make room for more exhibits downstairs. Me and my brother were able to move the entire ride in about 3.5 hours. Which isn't to bad for taking everything apart and piecing it back together again. The roller has been a good hit at the Museum according to the employee's there. In fact while I was moving it, one young boy would come by every 10 minutes asking how much longer before he could watch it. It's been a great experience for sure. I also got some more video while at the Museum this weekend and should be able to get a video to you guys in a week or so.

For now, here is a preview video of the switch in the station, which triggers all the motors to stop until the next button press. I attached wooden wedges on either side of one of the cars, to push the button.

Posted Image

The new roller coaster location upstairs.

Posted Image

Check me out

Youtube

#72 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

That stinks you had to move it. I think it loked a lot nicer downstairs with al the light shining through and all.
Did you ever find out why they wanted to move it?

Posted Image

#73 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

wow incredible you could move it in such a quick amount of time , and after disabling it and putting it back together in one piece is whats so crazy about it so props for that

#74 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Looks great when's the final video coming btw, make shure, there's no one blocking the coaster when you shoot the final video too!

#75 TheRandomGuy

TheRandomGuy

Sample Text

• 2058 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'm working on a final video, a song suggestion would be great.

The signature you have requested is not available at the moment. We apologize for the inconvenience.

#76 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Quick shout out to ^ this guy over here for suggesting some Rush.

Posted Image

#77 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

I agree Jumpge, it does look cooler downstairs. Still not sure the exact reason for wanting it moved, however I can't be picky :)

Also, appreciate the Rush suggestion. I ended up not going with that however, nothing against you RandomGuy. Thanks!

Anyways, finally got the video up! It turned out pretty good, except for the back bars on either side of the video. I think the POV camera screwed up the size of everything.

Hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think!

Check me out

Youtube

#78 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

Fantastic recreation! It kept me intrigued all the way through-out this build!
Overall, this is a beautiful coaster.

Posted Image

#79 KCForce

KCForce

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Been my most anticipated SS video. Nice recreation and video. Thanks for posting it.

#80 maarten12

maarten12

Medium-Gump

• 2917 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

Once again, you got a great place to expose your coaster :)! Did the button on there made the coaster do just one round, or more? And are you planning on using more electronics in the future? That would be totally awesome!

Posted Image